Location: Walsall | Pay Scale: M1-UPS3 (£30,000PA TO £46,525pa)| Contract Type: Permanent | Closing date: 9:00am Friday 29th November 2023|
Join our expanding team!!
Ofsted Rating: Good – July 2023
“The school ethos of ‘high standards, daring to dream, traditional values, success and personalised support’ is shared by all.”
“Leaders lead with integrity and determination. They are ambitious for all pupils. They do not use pupils’ chequered experience of education to excuse low standards. Instead, they demand the best from pupils.”
The Ladder School is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join our team. The Ladder School is an academy that is part of The Mercian Trust. The Ladder School is a Free School set up by the Trust to offer effective alternative provision for the young people of
The Ladder School was established in January 2019 and has now moved in to a brand new, purpose-built building based on the edge of Walsall town centre where there are excellent links to the local and wider community. The Ladder School operates under a commissioning model, where local mainstream schools identify students at risk of permanent exclusion and
moves them to The Ladder School, to transform their behaviour and enable them to be successful in their future. These students have struggled in mainstream education environments and benefit significantly from the smaller class sizes and additional support on offer at The Ladder School.
The successful applicant will be expected to teach a range of Vocational BTec Subjects, up to Level 2 as well as GCSE subjects, having the ability to inspire and challenge students’ attitude towards learning, through their passion and knowledge. Only applications from those with Qualified Teacher Status will be considered for this post. Any subject specialism will be considered.
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent teacher with an ability to motivate pupils to make progress.
- Interested in the pastoral aspects of education.
- Outstanding in managing challenging behaviours.
- Positive in outlook and believe in the power of education to change the path of
Alternative Provision students’ lives.
- A team player prepared to work with colleagues and share ideas and resources.
- Passionate as a teacher and keen to inspire their classes and students.
- Have a thorough understanding of current developments and issues in the teaching of
the subjects and wider profession.
- Committed to their own continuing professional development and contribute towards
that of others.
- Innovative and committed to develop solutions to raising achievements.
All applicants interested in this post must complete an application form. These can be found on our website, TES, WM Jobs or the Government Portal and returned to email@example.com. CV’s and non- Mercian Trust Application Forms will not be accepted.
Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted to let them know they have not been successful. Flexible working/part time working might be able to be accommodated for this post.